Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi - 2018 FIFA World Cup
Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi was built for the 2014 Winter Olympics, where were the opening and closing ceremonies. This name was given to the arena in honor of the mountain peak in the western part of the Main Caucasian Range. In the translation from Adyghe, the word “fish” means “white head”.
Fisht Olympic Stadium has an incredible view of the mountains from one side and the sea from the other.
Fisht Olympic Stadium will host six games at FIFA World Cup Russia.
Matches of the FIFA 2018 World Cup in Russia in Sochi:
June 15, 21:00: Portugal to Spain
June 18, 18:00: Belgium – Panama
June 23, 21:00: Germany – Sweden
June 26, 17:00: Australia to Peru
June 30, 21:00: 1/8 finals
July 7, 21:00: quarterfinals
How to get to Fisht Olympic Stadium
Fisht Stadium is located in the Olympic Park, that’s why the easiest way to get here by suburban train. For example, from Sochi (the way takes around 50 minutes) or from Adler (it takes around 15 minutes). Once you have arrived to the station, you can walk from it to to the stadium within 20 minutes.
During the matches, all the modes of transport, including public, will be limited and reduced. The guests of the matches can get to the Fisht Stadium by free shuttles:
1. Suttle № 57: “Railway station Adler – stop” KITS Nekrasovskoe”
2. Suttle № 57k: “Sochi Airport – Railway Station Olympic Park – Agricultural Russia”
3. Suttle № 125: MTRK Moremoll – Sochi-Khosta-Kudepsta-Adler Railway Station (“Shopping Center”) – Veseloye village – Russia”
4. Suttle № 125с: “MTRK” Moremoll “- railway station Sochi – railway station Adler – Russia – railway station Olympic Park”
5. Suttle №135: Shopping center “New Century” – Railway Station Olympic Park – Lenin street – Moldovka village – Krasnaya Polyana – Esto-Sadok village – GK Laura-GLK “Rosa Khutor”
6. Suttle S1: «Sochi Airport – railway Adler – san. Izvestia – pension Svetlana – Plane alley (fan zone) – Sochi railway station”
7. Suttle S2: «Railway station Sochi – Plane alley (fan zone) – pension Svetlana – san. Izvestia – railway Adler – stop Railway station Olympic park”
8. Suttle S3: “Sochi Airport – Ostankino Oktyabrsky Railway Station”
Since I was 7 years-old little girl I went for my first trip to abroad which made me fall in love with traveling and made it my passion for all my life. I like to discover different cultures, people, the way they look and behave according to their traditions, new places and incredible views, new food, and new flavors. And I want to share my discovers with you here in my blog. In addition to it, I'll give you the tips how to make your trip a "varied experience" and how to travel in a cheaper way.
Let's discover the world together 😉
Latest posts by Elvina Mirsaitova (see all)
- Travel Guide to Galicia - November 23, 2018
- Flea markets near me: best flea markets list - July 26, 2018
- Top hidden gems in St Petersburg: unusual spots to visit - July 24, 2018